While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm reading up on the 44 M&H cartridge and am having a hard time finding any info on its dimensions. Anyone out there know of a website that might give a better description of it? I'm curious if it will qualify as a "go" cartridge in antique status.
Hi Wally. The .44 MH cal. is on the good list. I haven't tracked down the real specs either yet, but it's out there, I saw it on the Googlie-thing somewere too.
A fellow MHer is using .41 mag brass trimed and stuffing a .39 round ball and making smoke.
The bore on mine is .425, chambers are .440, cyl. is 1.56 long. Straight case.
Good luck, please post info if you find the how-tos. Thanks, Bill..
I got tired of wondering what the real specs are, and filled mine with some old .44 American I had. The brass is a bit loose, at .436, Cyl. is .440. The .44 Am. bullet is .424, a good fit. There is a bit of blow-back, but not bad. The cases came out looking good. And not a bad shooter either. Just nice to see some smoke out of it.
I did see the specs in an old Cartridges of the World book, the load was heavier than the .44 American. But I didn't write it down. (not my book). I need to get one.