"The Bear Gun"

7mmBRmostly

Regular
Rating - 100%
455   0   1
Location
Nova Scotia
Ol' guy only recalls his dad referring to this one as "The Bear Gun". Wing nuts lock the adjustable "fan" of bbls spread. Left side lock modified to sit on left. Single makeshift flash pan tray and trigger linkage for simultaneous ignition, pan not shown
IMG_5939_zps2prleu21.jpg

IMG_5938_zpsumtrsfba.jpg

IMG_5941_zpsp7wplbfl.jpg
 
Last edited:
if the barrels are smoothbore and 12 guage or larger, it looks vaguely like some of the guns used for market hunting ducks in the eastern US, in the early 1900s. I think that most of those were percussion and had more barrels but same idea in principle

cheers mooncoon
 
I think that trap guns were usually fairly short with barrels of 12" long or less. On the other hand market guns I think were usually larger bore and longer barrels that the gun in the photos. I think I will stick with the market gun however

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom