The Best 1894 Pre 64 Restorer in Town please.

R700

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I acquired a Winchester 1894 30-30 1960 lever action in good condition. I would like to have it refinished including the wood, the re blueing of the action, barrel and all the small parts.Basically everything metal redone and a some barrel and receiver gauges repaired. In short, have it stripped down to bare bones and made all nice and fancy like it was new.

Can anybody direct me to a good refurbisher that does this please, and if so any pictures of the before and after of their work.

I don't have time to do it myself and I know it may be frowned upon as it is a character style firearm but I would to like restore it to as brand new cosmetically as it gets.
Thanks for your time.
 
Sell it, buy a new in box one. They ARE out there. And, it's about the most cost effective way to get there.

You are essentially looking for someone that has a high tolerance for whiny people, as most guys won't spend thousands of dollars on labour, to make a $350 rifle look like it did when new.
They tend to talk a good line until presented with the actual estimate, then they whinge a lot, and take their work out the door. And then the gun smith can get back to his paying work.

Reality check here. It was a mass produced consumer commodity. The quality control was never particularly stellar, and it's not likely to ever be worth the amount you would have to put in to it. Sorta like doing a concours restoration on a Ford Taurus.


Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom