The Life Of A Frontier Gunsmith

Mike Miller is a walking, talking, American national treasure. I'm astounded that 19 people can dislike the movie showing this iconic craftsman doing what it takes to make a masterpiece of the gun-maker's craft. I once had a Lancaster County long rifle made by Peter Gonter - sure, it wasn't up to the standards displayed by Mr Miller, but it had been a working rifle, and a matter of some pride to its original owner, of that there could be no doubt. I paid over $4000 for it in 1995. By the end of 1998 it was a memory, as it was stolen off our stand at a gun show, along with its powder horn and gun slip. I'd shot it maybe a fifty times, just to see it work, and the action was almost as fast as a percussion gun. If you ever see one like it, ask if you can carefully see inside the lock - you'll see my initials marked on the wood in very small letters, looking like they were original - TF - but with the T and the F merged.

Let me know, eh?
 
Back
Top Bottom