Under the category of hand made guns, serial numbers 9001 to 10000 were made in 1872. The first double shotguns with the treble wedge fast locking were started in 1873. The triple wedge fast has two undergrips and a cross bolt through an extension of the upper rib that recesses into the receiver. I did not notice any date in the back of the book, but choke boring started around 1875 which means that your gun might or might not be choked and could possibly even be choked at a later day although if so, I would expect something stamped on the barrels to indicate so
cheers mooncoon[/QUOTE
So this one was one of the last of the muzzle loaders because the triple wedge fast system was for break-open cartridge guns. There isn't any perceptible choke in either barrel. This thing is more than twice as old as I am!