The new 1000 yard toy is home. HAS BEEN SHOT

tigrr

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Location
Burns Lake BC
Well I have been looking at this rifle for a while. Finally had the coin. Its a Pedersoli 1874 SHARPS COMPETITION 34" BARREL .45-70 14lbs of woohoo

S795.jpg


with this sight on it.
USA406.jpg


And here it is in my hands.
The new baby is home. It is well greased. Heavy at 14lbs, I won't be packing this on any hunting trips. The Tang sight fit perfectly. I'll need the sight with the adjustable aperture for long range.
Thank you canada post!! Thank you Shooters Choice.
CP tested the integrity of the packing. It held. Road trip for some BP.
Here ya go.






Its to cold to take it out for a test run. - 24C right now and falling.
 
Last edited:
Congrats tigrr ! That is a sharp outfit, now you better warm up that casting pot and get to work.
You realize we are going to expect a range report, and soon too !! Merry Christmas !
 
My Aunt and Uncle where just visiting from Peace River 2 weeks ago, maybe we could have saved you the shipping. They where only a few blocks from Shooters Choice for a week. Looking forward to updates. That is one of my favourite rifles
 
While I do favour the Shiloh Sharps, I will say very nice gun.

What is one of thoes worth?
Will I see you at any BP shoots this summer???

The same eye candy in a shiloh is 900 bucks more and a 18 month wait. Go to shooter choice website S795 45/70 model. + PED-USA 406 soule 4" sights.
BP shoots? Depends if I get it to shoot or not. I have the material for 4 full size buffalo. I may have my own 400-600-800 and 1000 yard BP buffalo shoot. Its all depending on my future location.
 
Very nice gun....I have a Quigley in 45-90. You will have fun with it. Take some time and work up a load for it.

Lots of excellent info on castboolits.com and BPCR. A little flamming goes on once inawhile when you talk about smokeless powder in a BP section of the form.

This Post Is Now Worthless Without A Range Report....................
 
I have no BP!! I haven't got a 535gr bullet mold yet.
I get some swiss 1 1/2 on the 27th. I have 500gr bullets but they are covered in Lee liquid alox. I have no BP bullet lube yet(I have a 7 oz jar of pure lanolin).
I have 100 500gr bullets reloaded with smokeless, but I hear that is blasphemy if I use it in this gun!!
Patience patience. Its too cold here anyway -31 right now.
I'll set a buffalo out to dial in on. Like this one

 
Back
Top Bottom