The twins are here!

BCRider

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Location
The 'Wack, BC
As part of my move to get into the cowboy action scene locally I've been gathering up the guns I'll be using. A few days ago the pistols arrived courtesy of a deal on the EE here at CGN. I'm now the proud owner of a pair of consecutively numbered Uberti 1858 Remmington clones. That's right, I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool with a brick on my ankle by going percussion cap&ball right off the get go... :dancingbanana:

I've managed to get some black powder and balls but I need to get some caps that fit. With any luck that'll be sometime this week and the fun can start on the weekend.

Already got the coach gun and I'm off to pick up my Puma lever gun in .357 in a hour or two.

Here's the dirty looking desperado with the new toys. :D Ya know, it's hard to look mean without looking like you're in pain? A buddy took about 5 shots of me with these and the expressions ranged from "idiotic grin"(what I was truly feeling :D) to "trying to pass a watermelon" painful grimace. This neutral one was about the only thing that was presentable....

Remingtons1.jpg
 
I found the correct fitting caps today (CCI #11's) and I've got all the rest of the stuff so there's nothing holding me back now. I'll be making the trip out to the range in the next couple of days to begin laying down my tactical smoke screen.... :D

Just need to get my holster rig and hat now. Then the worst part, figuring out what western character I want to be. There's too many sheriffs around the events already so I can't be an outlaw because that would make me feel too nervous. Hmmmmmm.... I'm thinking either I'll be the town blacksmith that takes on fighting the badguys because he's had enough or perhaps I'll be Pedro Villa, Pancho's cousin.... :D
 
Enjoy the guns & the sport, I can tell your already hooked. If you want that 92 to sing there is a gunsmith that shoots cowboy out of the Mission club that is a wizzard at slicking them up & making them work (damn I can't think of his name but someone on here will know it).

Hope to see you at a match somewhere.
 
Enjoy the guns & the sport, I can tell your already hooked. If you want that 92 to sing there is a gunsmith that shoots cowboy out of the Mission club that is a wizzard at slicking them up & making them work (damn I can't think of his name but someone on here will know it).

Hope to see you at a match somewhere.

Oh, you'll be seeing me soon enough. I'm planning on showing up at the monthly this coming weekend. And I'll be calling Kevin to see if he knows of anyone with a holster rig I can borrow.

Thanks for the tip on the 92 mods. But I've been working with metal and machine shop stuff for years. Part of the fun for me is learning to do some of the gunsmithing stuff for myself.

Got my Puma 92 yesterday and put a few rounds through it. The sights are way off and arrived with a bit of a bend in the rear spring blade. I'm hoping that once I fix that up it'll shoot a bit straighter. But so far it's slick as a whistle even if the trigger pull could use a bit of help.
 
Back
Top Bottom