As part of my move to get into the cowboy action scene locally I've been gathering up the guns I'll be using. A few days ago the pistols arrived courtesy of a deal on the EE here at CGN. I'm now the proud owner of a pair of consecutively numbered Uberti 1858 Remmington clones. That's right, I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool with a brick on my ankle by going percussion cap&ball right off the get go... 
I've managed to get some black powder and balls but I need to get some caps that fit. With any luck that'll be sometime this week and the fun can start on the weekend.
Already got the coach gun and I'm off to pick up my Puma lever gun in .357 in a hour or two.
Here's the dirty looking desperado with the new toys.
Ya know, it's hard to look mean without looking like you're in pain? A buddy took about 5 shots of me with these and the expressions ranged from "idiotic grin"(what I was truly feeling
) to "trying to pass a watermelon" painful grimace. This neutral one was about the only thing that was presentable....

I've managed to get some black powder and balls but I need to get some caps that fit. With any luck that'll be sometime this week and the fun can start on the weekend.
Already got the coach gun and I'm off to pick up my Puma lever gun in .357 in a hour or two.
Here's the dirty looking desperado with the new toys.


















































