Thinking about buying this

chasseur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
90   1   0
Location
, Nova Scotia
Thinking about buying this what do you think

A 54 cal swivel rifle, left hand percussion

IMG_3682.jpg
 
Looks neat - I'm intrigued.

From guessing, the swivel point is just forward of the hammer?

Where you just posting this to gloat ;) or were you going to add a price to see if it's a good idea? I personally like the idea of this style of gun, though there's a part of me that says sxs is more practical in some respects.
 
I personally would go for it - it's unique and looks fun!

If you don't like it, sale shouldn't be a problem so long as you paid a reasonable price.

Was it a custom gun or did some company actually manufacture these repros for a while? (Personally I suspect once off custom just from the quality)
 
Gun is what you call a semi custom.I m going to buy it and send it back to the maker
to have a set of frizzen plates and a flintlock made up for it so I can switch back and forth from flint and percussion
 
I've seen one before in a muzzleloader magazine, interesting piece. The second barrel would be nice for a second quick shot; but it must come at a cost of extra weight?? Depending on what your intentions are in using it, it may not be a factor. Anyway, any front stuffer is fun to shoot!! Nothing compares to them.
 
beautiful. I actually just posted a thread about a problem I'm having with a swivel breach in 45cal.

I love it, and it functions well, but I'm consistently firing both barrels as the same time (which if it was accurate when doing that, I'd live with).

FishHog
 
Back
Top Bottom