Hello, all -
I have two brass flintlock pistols that have been sitting in the basement for years, and I'm curious to know what they might be worth.
Handling them, I think they were designed as basic self-defence weapons - you can't sight along the barrels. There is a screw missing from both of them, one has some damage to the wood, and the lock is broken on one of them (hammer swings loosely).
I think late 18thC-early 19thC. Marked as made in London. Any help appreciated. Links to pictures follow
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HW2VE7mhjeTHRhTHN6MzcxeEU/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HW2VE7mhjeeUJjNkVaM3NKbUU/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HW2VE7mhjeZWkwWXhrakJOV3c/view
I have two brass flintlock pistols that have been sitting in the basement for years, and I'm curious to know what they might be worth.
Handling them, I think they were designed as basic self-defence weapons - you can't sight along the barrels. There is a screw missing from both of them, one has some damage to the wood, and the lock is broken on one of them (hammer swings loosely).
I think late 18thC-early 19thC. Marked as made in London. Any help appreciated. Links to pictures follow
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HW2VE7mhjeTHRhTHN6MzcxeEU/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HW2VE7mhjeeUJjNkVaM3NKbUU/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HW2VE7mhjeZWkwWXhrakJOV3c/view
Last edited:


















































