Thomas Turner help

gaddye

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
30   0   1
Can anyone give me info on this gun ? Google makes my eyes hurt.

Thanks
ThomasTurner001.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Fixed - if you copy the img link like you did, you don't need to then use the insert img tab.

More details on bore condition, function, other markings etc will help with getting info. Especially serial numbers, stamps, and odd markings around reciever or butt stock.

What info are you looking for on it? Value? Manufacture? Date of Manufacture? Caliber/chambering?

Can anyone give me info on this gun ? Google makes my eyes hurt.

Thanks
ThomasTurner001.jpg
 
Thanks H Wally !!

I'm looking for any or all info about this gun because I know nothing about it. Theres lots of markings on it but they don't show up very good in my pic's.
I would say gun is VG condition but I believe it has been rubbed with linseed oil. I'll try to get better pic's
 
thomas turner help

greeting- the piece looks to be a snider enfield possibly mk 1 or 2. is it a 2 or 3 band? thomas turner was an inspector of enfields and his TT stamp is found on many of them. my model 3 from about 1871 had his initials. cal is .577 and brass is avail if it's in shooting condition. more info will be helpful-other pictures etc. regards, bill
 
I give up on the pic's.

3 markings on left side of barrel under rear sight and the #'s 25

T Turner stamped on top of barrel in front of rear sight.

3 markings on right side of barrel under rear sight and the #'s 1207

# on bottom of trigger guard is 4052

Snider Patent stamped on top of action , with 2 other markings

Bore is shiny, gun is near perfect, definitely a shooter.

3 barrel bands on the gun.

THANKS Bill
 
Thomas Turner was a gun maker in Birmingham England from 1834.His Snider rifles were purchased by volunteers as they were not issued any firearms.

I have one in very good condition with the Morris cartridge adapter and it was valued at $2,000.00 for the gun and $1,000.00 by the English auction house Holts 3 years ago.
 
gaddye;4410086[B said:
][I MG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/jpc
ThomasTurner2003.jpg
]bird/Video/gunutz/Th[I MG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/jpcbird/Video/gunutz
ThomasTurner2002.jpg
omasTurner2005.jpg[/IMG]



Ok - you're on your own after this. STOP clicking the insert image tab above the writing screen:p You would be fine if you didn't do that

Here's the thread that walks through each step of posting the pictures. Looks like you're fine until the last step.
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198167



ThomasTurner2004.jpg


ThomasTurner2001.jpg
 
PM sent to you. Rifle is a great piece of British and Canadian history which will be a hoot to shoot. How is the lock plate marked? Please show a photo of the left side of the breech. These were marketed here in Canada in the late 1800's. TT is one of the premier makers of assembled rifles but he also made barrels for many others in the trade. I have one here which is in "as new" condition. Lockplate on mine is TT marked but I have a friend who has one with a TT barrel which has a lockplate marked to a Toronto retailer so it will be interesting to do some research on yours. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom