Three old Germans, "Deutsche Werke" 2x22short, 1x9mm shotgun. Who knows...

Blue Nova

New member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Guys;
I was wondering, if there is anyone out there who knows a thing or two about pre war German youth rifles?
The 22s have a breech action and the little shotgun as well, breech action.
Deutsche Werke has an absolute beautiful emblem, which looks like a fancy capital letter "D", but if you look carefully, it is actually a cat or a lion laying on it's chest or belly and it's enormous long tail curles up high in the air and touches the back of it's head. When you look from the distance, it looks like the letter "D".

There is a tin box of 9 mm shotgun shells, that is very, very rare.

Here is a link to some pictures, including the shells and the emblem:

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Blue_Nova_Homestead/library/Deutsche Werke?sort=2&page=1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brother;
I disagree on your comparison of the emblem with the Sphinx. Why would the Germans put a Greek mythical creature with a human head and a body of a lion, especially in the 1920s.
I don't think so, wish I could attach a picture, but a link to a pic is in the thread.
For selling stuff, I know, I should advertise it on EE. Just thought, is there anyone at all here in Canada, who knows about Deutsche Werke, that's all.

Thanks for your input anyway and have a great day!
 
Also marked DRP, for the patent?
These were very inexpensive guns distributed in the '20s and '30s. Often they weren't sold, but were used as promotional give-aways.
 
I believe wolverine has a nice writeup

Edit: https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/blog/wolverine-supplies/2013/09/02/deutsche-werke-.22-rifle

There is a lot of internet speculation as to what this mysterious Symbol is on the receiver and stock, some say it is a Snake, others say a stylized D (mysterious Teutonic symbol?). Well Folks, it’s just a stylized cat, a probable indication of what this rifles task was to be, to add some meat to your watery potato stew during those trying, uncertain times. Dach Hasen (Roof Rabbits) is what they used to be called, so my Father told me.
 
Last edited:
Question; what makes you think that it'[s a 22 short? I've a pretty much untouched one and it's definitely marked 22 long rifle in English.
I recall it getting fed a 22 short and it not exiting the bbl...sorta spooky that.
 
Hi Shawn;
What do you think, I could ask for the 3, since I'd like to keep them together. I think, I have some loose parts too, that I would throw in.
Thanks
Kurt

All 3 that I've bought / sold were all $110-150 depending on condition

Fun little plinker but not very valuable for the most part.
 
Back
Top Bottom