Thunderer (Colt .41 double action)

Pinzelmeister

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone point me to a thread on the .41 double action (Thunderer etc)? I have one that's in reasonably good shape (antique, not a replica) and there seems to be some potential to get it together but I'm having trouble making sense of the intricate workings of the sear/hand etc. (Yes, this gun has a reputation for being a pain . . . I am quite aware of that.)
 
Your best bet is trial and error and possible using loose roll pins to hold it together temporarily during assembly. I have one and I don't plan on taking it apart if I don't have to.

I've always just done the trial and error method and although it can take a little while it is the best way to figure out how the gun works.

Also look for exploded parts diagrams online to make sure you have everything.
 
Back
Top Bottom