thundergrey
Member
- Location
- Spruce Grove, AB
My hunting partner says that one problem with balistic tip ammo is that the plastic tip breaks off in your meat. Mmmmm... Plastic.... Anyways, I just find that the drop on the balistic tip is alot less. More specificly I was looking at the Federal Premium Nosler Ballistic Tip in 165gr for my 30-06 for my big game stuff (moose, elk and long range deer)
my canadian tire special winchester super-x pointed soft point in 165gr is my target/<150yrds deer round... because its half the price as the other stuff im looking at.
this is my first rifle and i guess im just looking for some good general info on factory ammo... im not reloading and probably never will. I just wondering on some good factory loads and what i should sight my rifle to? I bought a Savage Combo w/bushnell scope.
my canadian tire special winchester super-x pointed soft point in 165gr is my target/<150yrds deer round... because its half the price as the other stuff im looking at.
this is my first rifle and i guess im just looking for some good general info on factory ammo... im not reloading and probably never will. I just wondering on some good factory loads and what i should sight my rifle to? I bought a Savage Combo w/bushnell scope.


















































