Took my old '76 for a walk today (photos)

Win 38-55

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It is a beautiful fall day today, the kind that calls to you to come outdoors for a while and wander around with an old levergun. I walked into my office and opposite me, on the wall, my old Winchester Model 1876 .45-60 was just begging to be taken out to savour the clear fall air and listen to the crunch of golden leaves underfoot. According to the records at Cody, this old rifle was checked into the Winchester warehouse on May 13, 1886 and shipped September 21, 1886. The old timer is a tack driver, putting five shots into a 1 & 3/4 inch group at 100 yards with plain base cast bullets. If it weren't for the fact that I'll be writing an article later this winter on hunting with the Winchester Model 53 and, therefore, need to use my Model 53 44 WCF for deer, I'd be taking this old '76. Be that as it may, it is on deck for hunting next year. I didn't put much time into these photos since I don't have a decent camera (so I apologize for besmirching my 'desktop artiste' title .... I keep blowing my money on guns and shooting supplies), but I figured some of you fellows might enjoy a few photos anyway, so here they are .....

76B.jpg


76-A.jpg


76-E.jpg


76C.jpg


76D.jpg
 
Great shots! Your camera appears to be working just fine.....Nice '76 btw!

'76's are just plain old cool. Been thinking about ordering a Chap for a while, caught between that and finding an original.
 
Back
Top Bottom