Touched By An Anvil

Glenfilthie

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is really cool:

http://curmudgeonlyskeptical.########.com/2009/10/anvils-high.html

How much black powder is that? Half a pound?:eek:
 
I sent that around in an email. I got this in response.

This technique was perfected by the Hyack Anvil Battery founded in in New Westminster in 1870. See pp 112-113 of The Gunners of Canada Volume 1 by G.W.L. Nicholson. At least until the 1960s a 21-gun salute was fired annually on Victoria Day - the anvil is blasted into the sky 21 times. The USA did not invent everything!
 
How much Goex does he put in there...it looks like he has a good 1/2 lb. in there...

Sorry for the repeat post everyone...
 
You could try Princess Auto, but they might carry the cheap, army surplus berdan primed Soviet bloc anvils. "In Soviet Union, you don't strike anvil... anvil strikes you!"

Yeah, that looks to be about 1/2 pound, at least 1/3, but I've ever dumped out a can of Goex to find out what it looks like.
 
princessauto.com/shop-garage/fabrication-equipment/visesanvilaccessories/3460045-anvil?keyword=anvil

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Time to top-up the life insurance. :D
 
princessauto.com/shop-garage/fabrication-equipment/visesanvilaccessories/3460045-anvil?keyword=anvil

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Time to top-up the life insurance. :D

You realize that's the worlds SMALLEST anvil right? It's 7 pounds! (or KG, but I'm guessing from the dimesions it's pounds).

You need like 50-100lb ones to make it really cool. :D
 
Good luck finding one anvil like that, let alone two! As an amateur blacksmith, I can tell you that anvils such as what he has there tend to be rare and expensive!! New ones are available, but are very expensive! The small P/A ones would, however require a smaller charge, less open space......hmmm..gotta step out for a minute guys...
 
Back
Top Bottom