Tower marked Snider

stevejones

Regular
Rating - 100%
82   0   1
Location
Courtenay, BC
I started a previous thread regarding this Snider but i was off the tracks a bit... This is a Sergeants model with a Tower marked action. It has the 1:48 twist with 5 groove rifling. Very decent bore on it. It has brass furniture: butt plate, trigger guard, and nose cap. An inspection of the inside of the lock shows no military markings, but there is a strange mark in a very difficult to read script. I can just make out *******andon (?). So does anyone know something about the history of this gun?

Thanks.

swv7l1.jpg

qnwimc.jpg

2q3875c.jpg

2vd1d82.jpg

noyrn4.jpg
 
Sniders were sold commercially as well in Great Britain. Someone will be along with a lot more knowledge on the subject but yours is likely a commercial rifle. Nice gun.
 
I've done some research and I have found out some more about this Snider. Its actually a military gun as the marks such as WD with an arrow. In addition its a Mark 1 Snider. The Sergeant model is fairly uncommon. I think its lock has been changed sometime in its life.

Cheers. Steve.
 
Back
Top Bottom