Traditions build your own muzzleoading kits

ih8ipods

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to get a hold of one of these in Canada legally? I want build my own cause I come from a lot of AR shooting and I wanna head way back to basics . but if there's an option to build my own I will 100% would anyone know where to get one?
 
trackofthewolf.com carries kits and ships to CA. BP guns aren't considered firearms in the US, so I don't think shipping one to CA will be an issue.

Contact them and confirm.

CA customs might be a whole different kettle of fish to deal with? Don't really know.

I know a few folks that bring bits and pieces over from the US to build flint locks.

I brought a revolver cap and ball conversion cylinder in without any issues.

M
 
Last edited:
Track of the wolf like stated, or Dixie Gun works possibly. both are State side. And ya Flintlock Rifles arnt even considered firearms so im willing to bet youll have no problem with the Canadian boarder. Its the US one youll have to message one of the two company's about. Ive ordered muzzleloading stuff from both, and they both provided excellent service and the items shipped without any hassle. (but none of those items were a complete Flintlock rifle)
 
There are not supposed to be any issues, but check. As far as I recall anyone ever saying, it's not a firearm, until it becomes one, as if that makes sense even to the jokers that wrote the policy...

The real problem I see with the traditions kits is that you don't save enough on one to make the extra work worthwhile vs. buying a complete one and ripping it down, cleaning up the rough edges, and reassembling it.

Track, and a few other places will sell you a kit, for several other types of BP firearm, which can be mixed and matched to leave you with a FAR nicer gun, if you have the time to put in, though not for nearly as cheap as the cheap kits. Might be worth some time trolling through their stuff and playing with the options available.

Cheers
Trev
 
My traditions Kentucky rifle that I bought off the shelf at cabelas has better fit and finish than my $1000+ Pedersoli..... Whether you build one or buy one, for the money I think you'll be happy.
 
My traditions Kentucky rifle that I bought off the shelf at cabelas has better fit and finish than my $1000+ Pedersoli..... Whether you build one or buy one, for the money I think you'll be happy.

I agree. I do not have a Traditions but I have a few Pedersolis and as far as fit/finish, I have seen, and have several, other muzzleloaders that are finished just as well or better for less money. The mechanics though might be a different story. For mass produced rifles, I think Investarms is equal (some say superior) to Pedersoli, they just don't have near as many different models.
 
Back
Top Bottom