Traditions Kentucky Classic - Floppy Trigger

sammy1234

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys
My wife bought me this flintlock for Christmas. I pulled it out of the box and the trigger functions but it flops back and forth a good quarter inch in each direction even when the hammer is cocked. I called traditions and they said this particular gun is designed this way. It makes a bunch of noise so it is useless for hunting. Anyone know if it is true that this is normal for this gun? I look at the ads and it says it is a "crisp hunting trigger". Deer would hear my trigger evertime I move in a tree stand.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Sammy
 
Ive had some real "interesting" flintlocks in my day... Every single one was made useful with a bit of work!

Now, you say it makes a ton of noise??? How so? Is it a double trigger?


Generally the traditions fire locks are a bit wanky so lets see some pictures of the lock mortice "cut out on stock lock fits to" and the interior of the lock.


If the sear is loose on the top of where the trigger engages it....This is a really easy fix!!

with a bit of material added to the top of said trigger "top" until its just snug when hammer is cocked should do it!!

it could also be incorrect trigger placement all together, which again is a easy enough fix!


A traditions flintlock is good medicine for beginners "if your stubborn like me;)"

You will quickly learn all the basic problems that can happen..."magnified:D"

Have patience and work it out!

Ask questions of all of us if/ when needed

Flinters are quite ...organic... yes a firearm but like a living thing aswell even the best of em need some tuning here and there.
 
Thanks for the reply. Before I start to take it apart I will try to get some kind of video of what I am talking about. Please check back here in a few days. I am a bit busy doing renos and it will take me a few days to get a video posted.
 
Whether single or double-set triggers, it should be a relatively easy fix if you can show us some photos of the situation and give a bit more detailed explanation of the problem.
 
Back
Top Bottom