Traditions Kentucky flintlock ?

gerardjohnson

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
New Brunswick
I'm considering ordering a Traditions Flintlock Kentucky rifle. I currently have a Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock and have no complaints with it. Has anyone any experience with the Kentucky flintlock? Does all the wood come off easily? Is the quality OK?
 
The vertical brass spacer between the stock and forearm has two pins that pass through it horizontally. They mate with corresponding holes on the two individual stock pieces & holds them together, and provides some rigidity. The wood can split quite easily at that point, especially when you disassemble for cleaning.
 
Just my opinion, but Pedersoli, Jukar are better built quality then Traditions, I have owned and shot many different makes. I find the Traditions to be a bit more on the cheap side. I would definitly shop around. But for a first time BP gun,sure they are fun to play with,but if you want one to last and stand the test of time I would shop,more towards the Pedersoli line.
 
Back
Top Bottom