Looked at and shouldered a Tradition's Pennsylvania .50 Flitlock Rifle. It had a nice fit and finish.
When I shouldered the rifle I could not get the front and rear sights on the same plane with a normal cheek weld position. I repositioned several times but ended up with the top of the comb being at the bottom of my eye socket for the sights to line up or when tilting it down in an attempt to level the sights the butt would raise above my shoulder.
It was like that the stock was carved differently, inproper of the barrel to the stock or affected by moisture.
I have had and shot Penn/Kent style rifles but not with this problem
Any thoughts
When I shouldered the rifle I could not get the front and rear sights on the same plane with a normal cheek weld position. I repositioned several times but ended up with the top of the comb being at the bottom of my eye socket for the sights to line up or when tilting it down in an attempt to level the sights the butt would raise above my shoulder.
It was like that the stock was carved differently, inproper of the barrel to the stock or affected by moisture.
I have had and shot Penn/Kent style rifles but not with this problem
Any thoughts


















































