Trail walk today

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Today was our monthly trail walk; a light slushy snow falling and temperature around freezing. Fortunately once we got into the trees, there was no wind. Seemed fortunate that I was shooting a flintlock because within a short time my fingers were too cold to pick up caps. By the end of the trail, I had to look to be sure my finger was on the trigger :>( It was definitely more pleasant back in the clubhouse for our annual Xmas lunch :>) A good time was had by all

Anybody else out shooting today and care to report in

cheers mooncoon
 
I love hunting this time of year. Filled my last deer tag wednesday evening with 7 minutes left to the season at -15c. A little cool for gutting. Maybe take some antiques for a walk in the am... ;)
 
I have restricted guns so I did go to the range and shot my BP revolvers and Ruger single Six. Reloading the BP revolvers in the cold is a bit of a challenge but it is good to get outside. Here are some pictures:

RangeDec182010003.jpg


RangeDec182010007.jpg


RangeDec182010005.jpg
 
A friend of mine from BC showed up today and we did the antique thing. Shot the hell out of my Thunderer's. It was a good time. When he was shooting I was standing back and to the right and could see the bullets flying. Pretty neat.
 
I got my new (to me) antique s&w clone out for the first time today! What a blast. 11 grains of FFFg was chucking out 225gr slugs at 515 fps. While it's nothing to be impressed with compared to modern loads it still is a satisfying thump :D

I brought a camera but forgot to get it out... Now I have a big black mess to clean up.

MB
 
Back
Top Bottom