Trailboss in 44's, 45's

sportee

Regular
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I know we asked this a while back but not too many folks were playing with it yet.

Who's using trailboss in their antiques? Colts, Remi's, SW's?

I keep thinking of trying it out in the Merwin but just not quite sure yet. I know a couple of guys that tried it in their SAA's and liked it but said it wasn't their #1 powder for the 45 colt.

More to the point...is anyone loading 44 russian or Schofields with the stuff?
 
Not using it in any antiques. Use it in my Uberti revolvers (1875 Remington, 1858 Conversion, Schofield) .45 Colt, and .44-40 are what they are chambered for. I only use it for practice, as I prefer black powder. It is more fun to use, and water is the cleaning solvent...
 
i use it in 44 sp and 45 schofield 5 to 6 gr loads and its fine in my guns.
my guns i said not yours ;)
i like it as much if not more than unique. smells nice to.
accurate to.
my last schofield loads in my custom antique schofield allmost all were in the black 3 inch circle at 25 yds. :cool:
 
I've loaded it in .45-70 behind a cast 405. It works, but is almost a gallery load. Good for punching paper to 200, but not for much else IMHO. If you are willing to go over trapdoor pressures, it could go faster, but it has a very steep pressure curve, so I wouldn't hotrod trail boss unless you have a heavy barrel Ruger No.1 or something like that.
 
Back
Top Bottom