Training Ammo?

8run0

New member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
Toronto
I'm looking for training ammo, if that's what's called.

It's to train loading the magazine and if you do happen to dry fire it's not harmful to the your pistol. Any idea where I can find this? I'm specially looking for 9mm and 22LR.

I don't have any gun shops around my area, so probably will have to order some.

Thanks.
Bruno.
 
I'm looking for training ammo, if that's what's called.

It's to train loading the magazine and if you do happen to dry fire it's not harmful to the your pistol. Any idea where I can find this? I'm specially looking for 9mm and 22LR.

I don't have any gun shops around my area, so probably will have to order some.

Thanks.
Bruno.

You don't want snap caps. You want dummy rounds.


ACTION PROVING DUMMIES

* Mfr:BROWNELLS
* Price:$6.99 - $145.99
* Inert, Factory Spec Dummies Give Safe Function Testing

Manufactured to exact specifications, including diameter and length dimensions, weight and balance of factory loaded ammo, these DUMMIES have the proper functioning characteristics to reliably check magazine feeding, action timing, extraction and ejection of all guns. The only professionally accepted and safe way to check gun functioning; live ammo should never be used except in actual test-firing on the range - after you have checked the gun with DUMMIES. The very reasonable cost per DUMMY is an added incentive to use them regularly. The blackened case makes them distinct, and instantly recognizable as DUMMIES, which makes them ideal - and safe - to use as a sales aid. Especially useful when demonstrating how a particular gun functions or in gun safety instruction classes. They absolutely eliminate the chance of an accidental discharge.


SPECS: Centerfire Rifle Kit contains 1 each of the calibers marked in the table with *. Centerfire Handgun Kit contains 1 each of the calibers marked in the table with **, plus 7.65/.30 Luger (not available separately). Catch Up Pak contains 1 each of the calibers marked in the table with a +.


Catalog page 422, 56



http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31872/Product/ACTION_PROVING_DUMMIES

Rimfire Dummies, .22 Long Rifle, per 6

* SKU #:187-000-043

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=47388/pid=31872/sku/Rimfire_Dummies___22_Long_Rifle__per_6

Rimfire Dummies, .22 Long Rifle, per 12

* SKU #:187-000-044

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=47908/pid=31872/sku/Rimfire_Dummies___22_Long_Rifle__per_12

Rimfire Dummies, .22 Long Rifle, per 50

* SKU #:367-022-002

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=16760/pid=31872/sku/Rimfire_Dummies___22_Long_Rifle__per_50

Centerfire Handgun Dummies, 9mm Luger, per 10**

* SKU #:367-900-010


http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=16811/pid=31872/sku/Centerfire_Handgun_Dummies__9mm_Luger__per_10__

Centerfire Handgun Dummies, 9mm Luger, per 50

* SKU #:367-900-050

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=16812/pid=31872/sku/Centerfire_Handgun_Dummies__9mm_Luger__per_50
 
Snapcaps are available on ebay. I've also seen them at lebaron stores. The .22 rimfire versions are made of plastic and have a limited life to them (I can't remember how many uses). The .22 has to be made of a softer plastic to "cushion" the firing pin just like a brass case would- and eventually they wear out- but aren't very expensive in the first place.
 
You can dry fire a 9mm without snap caps. Not a .22.
"...don't have any gun shops around my area..." There are several shops in TO.
 
Hey sunray,

Thanks for the info. I really don't know of any gun shops in Toronto. I knew of one in North York but closed down. I know of hunting stores but these don't carry any handguns.
And according to Google there is one somewhat downtown that I haven't yet checked out :-(
 
We carry a pretty full range of the A-Zoom snap caps. Lots of 9mm ($21.99 for a pack of 5 snap caps) in stock, but out of .22LR.

As stated earlier in this thread, do not dry fire on dummy rounds! Most dummy rounds are solid metal, and lack the rubber 'cushion' that snap caps have.
 
Back
Top Bottom