Transporting an antique revolver in the tundra

Antiques are firearms under the law, although regulations for acquisition, possession, transport and use are more relaxed.
The OP is in Quebec. Do you really think that the Quebec Gov't/Quebec CFO is going to start issuing ATTs? Who is going to pass this?

Probably not but if there is local support it's a start.
 
Can you completely overhaul an antique? I mean I could buy a fixer upper and assuming I want to put a small fortune into it and replace all the parts would it still be an "antique"?
 
My understanding on my antique revolver that I have is I can shoot it anywhere I can legally shoot a rifle, and it must be locked in a case while traveling until it is in use, where it can be carried loaded in a holster in plain sight. In Canada you can not hunt wildlife with a handgun, the second you use your antique revolver to shoot a wolf or to shoot at one you are crossing the line and will be charged, but if a wolf came around and you had a target set up and shot at your target well I hope your gun is sighted in. Alway have some targets with your antique while you are out on the tundra, and always shoot at your targets only. ;) as for bear get a short barreled 12ga. with 00buckshot and slug mixed in the tube.
 
In Canada you can not hunt wildlife with a handgun, the second you use your antique revolver to shoot a wolf or to shoot at one you are crossing the line and will be charged, but if a wolf came around and you had a target set up and shot at your target well I hope your gun is sighted in.

That is incorrect. At least in Ontario. There is no Federal law or Ontario law which prohibits hunting with a handgun.
 
Back
Top Bottom