Trap Door Antiques

submoa303

New member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Location
Edmonton
Just want some weigh in on this, I was at an auction recently and a trap door chambered in 20 gauge went for over 1400 dollars. From my understanding those are pretty "common" as the word goes. I have a trap door tower style Springfield in 45-70 that I am considering selling, and I don't have a clue what to list it for. Originally bought some years ago for around 900 in pretty beat up condition, since then with some serious TLC by my old man its become a very nice gun, very shootable, and very accurate.

trapdoor2_zpsxwbtegbu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

trapdoor1_zpsk8wr1vpj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Just got back from a trip to the States where I found what appeared to be an original issue TD infantry rifle that was priced at $800 US (1100ish to us?). Hopefully that helps you a bit. Was in an antique store so it might have been undervalued, but I suspect not by much if any.

Never got a hands on look at it, looked like it was about the same condition as yours.
 
Original condition , is everything for top value. Factory options always drive the price up.
Any extras added by owners ( your rear sight ? ) drives the price down . If the rear sight is not a factory sight
( I think so ) & what I can see in the pics ,,,, I would say you have a value of $ 800. to $900.
Nice , all original , usually go for $1200. +/- , but I have seen ones offered for more ( but may not have sold -?) .
I have 2 carbines in similar condition , I am also trying to judge their value , & then may sell.
 
Value of original carbines can be greater than rifles.
I suspect that the OP's rifle isn't worth any more than he paid for it original. The ones that I have seen sell for more were in much nicer condition.
 
Update for everyone - found a buyer, he paid 1200 for it. Apparently he is planning on making a carbine out of it... but is a gun lover so i can't complain. Going to a good home.
Thanks for all the input!
 
Back
Top Bottom