Treso nipples

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I have a Pietta 1851 Navy revolver .44 "Yank" and need a set of nipples for it, I have heard that Treso brand are the best quality. Does anyone know where I can purchase them,preferably in Canada.
The nipples that are on the gun now will not take a #11 cap as they are too big and the caps won't seat on them properly. It takes at least two hits with the hammer for them to go off.
 
I have given up finding stuff in Canada and if I find something it costs an arm and a leg. Its unfortunate that Canada lacks in supplies for black powder supplies but lucky that our dollar is high right now. its never been better to buy from the states.
 
+1 for Track of the Wolf...I`ve never had a problem with them...Good people....As to the caps...You can pinch the CCI #11 caps to fit better, but if you can find them, try Remington #10 caps...Smaller caps and as such, they won`t fall off and they have always gone "bang" for me...
 
Go to the next gun show at 4333 Ledger Ave., in Burnaby on April10. One of the dealers who were selling black powder said he would be selling black powder from now on. His GOEX was $25.00 at Chilliwack. At least 2 dealers were selling BP at Chilliwack.
 
I just got another 1851 Navy .36 "Confederate" ie brass frame in the mail today, it is in good condition. The CCI caps are way loose on these nipples but will stay on if I pinch them so I can shoot it as is.
The .44 "Yank" has nipples that are too big to take the #11's so I will order a new set of nipples from Track of the Wolf.
My new gun has Euroarms Brescia-Made in Italy stamped on the top of the barrel,is this the importer's mark or the makers name????
The gun also has XX9 stamped into the frame on the right which dates it to 1973, it is in good shape for 38 years old.
I will be sure to go to the gun show on the 10th April...thanks for the heads up on that.
 
Back
Top Bottom