Triple 7 powder in 7.5swede ordnance revolver.

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Loaded some 7.5 Swede Nagant cartridges today with this stuff, and didn’t think to check recommended loads. I used 9.5grs they say subtract 15% when substituting triple 7 in place of FFFg. So I looked at it this way 9.5grs triple 7 +15% is 10.925grs equivalent to FFFg Bp. Will it be safe to shoot with that load? Any input is greatly appreciated.
 
I shoot black powder regularly and have used it in many different cartridges. Fill the case to just above the base of the bullet. Bullet should be seated slightly compressing the powder. Triple 7 I do the same. BP and its substitutes in a cartridge I treat thy same. Pressure will be lower than using smokeless. I never weight my black loads. Always by volume. I see what looks good in the case and then set my measure. You can't get enough BP in to destroy your gun if your gun is in good condition. Smokeless powder a case full can be dangerous with the wrong powder. You may have to adjust powder or compression a bit to get a better load.
 
I used triple 7 substitute, and seated the bullets to touch it. They don’t recommend compacting it like I’ve done with regular BP.
 
Back
Top Bottom