Triple seven Pellets ?

shaner72

Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got some triple seven pellets the other day for my 50cal muzzleloader they are the 50/50 pellets. Just for fun I decided to weigh the pellets an they are right around the 30 grain weight I found this odd are they not supposed to be 50 grains each ? I know they come in to different weights but know were on the box dose it say 30 grains has anyone noticed this.
 
BP and substitutes are measured by volume.

In general your 50gr ?? substitute should be equivalent to 50gr of ?? BP or there abouts.

T7 is hotter than it's BP equivalent by about 15-20%, so load accordingly.

Note: Triple Seven is a high energy product designed to provide the muzzleloading hunter with higher velocities when used in the same VOLUME as blackpowder. To duplicate a blackpowder load velocity using Triple Seven, you must decrease the powder charge by 15%. Muzzleloaders using a 150 grain max charge should use a maximum of 130 grains Triple Seven.

M
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom