Triumph Bone Collector

USP

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Heres a couple of pics of the Bone Collector. Scope is an IOR 1x4. Its going out to the range maybe tommorow, will post targets when done.


Heres is the 1 turn and removeable "speed breech"

P7200013.jpg


P7200011.jpg
 
Well went out and shot the Bone Collector today. IT was really humid and raining hard. I had only one failure to fire, I think it might have been two bad primers.

Gun is nice an accurate and I got it sighted in. I tried some scale up rounds of TC Shockwaves 250grains at 90-95 vol/grains with Blackhorn 209. This gave me about 1825-1875 fps. Barrel after 30 shots was almost clear. I used Gorilla anti seize grease on the speed breach. Very little fouling and breach was easy to get in and and out.

P8090023.jpg


P8090024.jpg
 
What primers were you using????
Blackhorn 209 needs a hot primer, Try CCI 209M

I went through the same thing with my Omega and once I started using the CCI primers I never had another fail to fire.

One more thing, make sure to get all the carbon out of the flash channel of the Breech plug when you are done shooting.
this can be done with a 1/8 drill bit turned by hand.
 
I'm looking at buying one of these , how do you (or any others that own one) like it so far?

I like it alot. Its a nice gun, good balance and lightweight- minus what I added for optics. It comes with red/green fibre optic sites. For recoil at around 90ish grains its comparable to a 45/70 with stock ammo. For primers I have been using french ones, I forget the name, its in a yellow box. I couldnt find win or cci in stock anywhere. Ignition seems ok so far. It was extremly humid and raining off an on when I was shooting and only had that one fail to shoot once. I shot off alittle over 30 rounds. Fouling was minimal, no crud rings, very little crap in the barrel, nothing hardened all loose.
 
I like it alot. Its a nice gun, good balance and lightweight- minus what I added for optics. It comes with red/green fibre optic sites. For recoil at around 90ish grains its comparable to a 45/70 with stock ammo. For primers I have been using french ones, I forget the name, its in a yellow box. I couldnt find win or cci in stock anywhere. Ignition seems ok so far. It was extremly humid and raining off an on when I was shooting and only had that one fail to shoot once. I shot off alittle over 30 rounds. Fouling was minimal, no crud rings, very little crap in the barrel, nothing hardened all loose.

Cheddite primers.
 
Back
Top Bottom