No firearm belonging to the government can be transferred to anyone other than another government agency.
I wonder if it could be transferred to a museum, since they are also government agencies I believe.
It doesn't sound as though it were used in a crime, so I'd say its not a firearm. Firearms constructed before 1898, most black powder reproductions, and replicas of antiques would all fall outside the definition of firearm.
The Definition of an Antique
The Criminal Code defines antique firearms as:
•firearms manufactured before 1898 that were not designed or re-designed to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition, or
•firearms prescribed as antique firearms in the Criminal Code regulations. These are:
Black Powder Reproductions:
of flintlock, wheel-lock or matchlock firearms, other than handguns, manufactured after 1897; (All other reproductions must be registered and owners must have a firearm licence to possess them. For example, reproductions of percussion cap muzzle-loading firearms like American Civil War Enfield and Springfield rifles will be considered firearms and not antiques.)
Replicas of Antique Firearms
...Replicas of antiques are not considered firearms. Under the law they will be treated the same as antiques.


















































