Two calibres one frame??

budman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Location
S.W Bantario
I would like to ask,if you had a 1851 colt navy 36 cal.
Could you buy 1851 colt army 44 cal. barrel and cylinder
and still use the same frame?
It would be nice to have two different calibre options.:cool:
 
I have a Uberti 1851 Navy .36 and a Pietta 1851 Navy Yank .44 and the cylinders are not the same size... the .44 cal being longer and larger in diameter.
Pietta makes both .36 and .44 Navy Models and the Uberti Navy is only available in .36. Uberti makes an Army model in .44 but not .36. So if you check out Pietta the barrels and cylinders for their .36 and .44 might be the same size...hope this helps
 
Have a look at a photo. If the .44 cylinder is rebated - two diameters - it is not going to fit a .36 frame, even if the length is the same.
I very much doubt that a caliber switch is going to work.
 
Back
Top Bottom