Uberti 1851 Colt .36 using conical .375 bullet

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I have a Uberti 1851 Colt on order as well as a Lee .375 conical bullet mold,does anyone know what kind of lube to use. I have some Jim Shockey's Yukon Gold FFFG powder and on the can it says not to use lubes. I imagine the powder doesn't like to come in contact with the lube. How about a wad that will keep the powder dry.......any ideas? :stirthepot2:
 
Put down a felt was on the powder to keep the lube out of it.

For lube any thick BP lube will work or soft bullet lube. I use Crisco but should mix up a batch with a little wax added to thicken it a little as its pretty messy in its pure form.
 
Back
Top Bottom