Uberti 1851 Colt hammer lock up question

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I just got a Uberti 1851 Colt repro on Friday and took it to the range on Monday and fired off 45 rounds with it. At first when I set the hammer down on the pin between the cylinder (safety) I could #### it and fire, but now if I set the hammer down on the pin the hammer locks up and I can't do anything with it. I have to take the barrel off in order to get it working again. Is this normal or has something gone wrong....any info appreciated.:confused:


Newgun1851007.jpg
 
Perhaps the cylinder lock is not releasing. This would prevent the hammer coming back as the cylinder wouldn't turn. I think you have to take it apart and look at the internals. These have very simple mechanisms. It sounds like something is broken inside.
 
Mine does the same thing occasionally. Because of how the cylinder sits in the frame it's difficult to tell if the cylinder lock is releasing or not - slide a strip of paper through when it's working and then try when it's locked itself up. That may be your problem.

I still haven't gotten around to fixing mine :p So please post if you do, and how you did :p
 
It locks on all the pins and the cylinder lock is engaged so it could be the pawl trying to move the locked cylinder but the hammer can only be moved about one 32nd inch back and it doesn't seem to move anything. I can still use the gun as long as I don't use the safety feature but it would be nice if everything was working properly,I will try to get a diagram of the trigger mechanism and figure out what is happening.......thanks for the info.....:)
 
Back
Top Bottom