uberti 1875 remington 45 colt /45 acp

Garyg

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you fire FMJ loads in these pistols. Not any p+ just the standard factory
loads. I will be reloading but I have a lot of FMJ loads that I use in my 1911.
I haven't made any 45 colt yet but I have bought some cases ,trail boss and some 250g Lead FN.
 
I have an 1873 Colt SAA .45 Colt and it is safe with factory loads FMJ (Not p+) so your Remington's superior strength should more than handle it.:D
I have found that .45Colt and .45ACP are almost the same as far as power goes so it shouldn't be a problem for your gun.
For .45 Colt I am re-loading Black Powder and Unique (smokeless)For black powder I have pretty well settled on 28 grains (Volume) of Goex FFFG some nitro cards (wads) to make up the space (no air space) and a 200 grain round nose flat point hard cast bullet.
For the smokeless .45Colt with Unique...6.7 grains (weight) same bullet and I use SPG lube on both bands of the bullet for both BP and smokeless.
I have some .45ACP dies and other stuff coming soon so will have to work up some loads for that. I have a couple of 1911's that need to be fed as well.
The loads that I mentioned are on the soft side, I find with factory loads the 1873 isn't heavy enough for comfortable recoil shooting single handed.
 
Back
Top Bottom