Uberti 1876

frichtie

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
Québec
Hi all,

I suppose this is the best place for my question:

Does anyone here own a Uberti 1876, also known as the ''Centennial'' model?

How do you like ? What caliber do you shoot? etc....

I've seen a few Chaparral Arms models sometimes come for sale, but I've read too much negative about them and...Marstar

tells me Chaparral is NOT in business anymore.

What do you think?

Eric
 
Last edited:
I had a uberti 76 crossfire carbine in 45/60 and managed to take a 12 point buck with it.They are nice guns but a bit on the large and heavy side.THE 45/60 cal is your best bet as ammo can be made cheaply from 45/70 cases.I eventually sold it off as even in carbine form it was quite heavy, I bought a browning 86 carbine in 45/70 which is a lot easier to carry a field
 
Last edited:
Well, I agree: It cannot be a light piece of weaponry....and the only reason why I want one is that I had the great opportunity to buy a original 1876 in 50-95. But it's in need of a restoration and that's not gonna happen ($$$$). I'm keeping it as is, original and having seen better days! However, I can't help seeing it displayed in a nice wooden case in my living-room along with a Uberti that actually looks new and is a real shooter. But, I'm in no hurry (luckily). And btw, I also own a early production model 1886 #11### in 45-70 that is a shooter.

-Eric
 
Back
Top Bottom