UBERTI .44 russian no3 replica parts to fix an antique

wbaad

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Location
Yorkton, Sask
hi all,
I picked up a spanish Hermanos smith and wesson russian model copy (also antique) and was wondering if anybody knew who dealt with Uberti parts in canada, since it looks like some parts may work or be made to work in this gun.

looking for the star, mainspring, bolt, hand, and bolt pin. Yes i know they are probably not drop in parts, but they may be a better starting point than what i have!

also if anybody has one of these uberti russian model guns could i bug you for the measurements on a couple things?

Thanks!
 
That might be a tough one friend. S & W are quite well fitted pistols. S.C. Mowbray ( I think he knows his stuff ) likened them to a clockwork mechanism.
Commonality of parts will be...unlikely...( not an informed opinion, but a Belgian or two live at my house...I have played with knock off's before )
But you are correct in the starting point being a S & W No. 3 or a replica of one. Good luck, I see many coffee's for you in this build.
 
You can buy Uberti parts directly from Stoeger Canada.As to parts being similar I have no idea at the moment.My wife recently picked up a Orbea Hermanos clone that needs some TLC so it looks like over the Christmas break I will be tearing it down along with one of her Ubertis to compare.
 
The Uberti's Russians are not 100% true copies built to the same original S&W spec's as for example they made some parts larger to be able to chamber 45LC as the originals were too small to fit that longer cartridge. But the internals may be near enough to work for you, this US dealer of Uberti parts will ship to Canada and his prices are good.

Also your Spanish made copy will also be different to a original S&W so that may mean some of it's internal parts are different again.

http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=34&cat=Uberti+Russian+Revolver

Here is a schematic of the revolver to help -

Uberti_Russian_Revolverschem.jpg
 
Can't find anybody that ships these parts to Canada and the in Canada service is horrendous.
Anybody have one of these modern guns that could get a couple photos of parts?
 
the hammer spring will work just needs fitting,the cylinder lock and spring work with minor fitting the cylinder hand and spring are not close enough to fit .I bought the parts from VTI and they ship no issues .Modified the uberti hand to use a longer spring ,but almost easier to cut out a fresh one from a pattern.
I used these parts in model 3 russian model .
I cant vouch for the ejection star or the cylinder quill
Peter
 
I ordered the parts I needed from Taylor's in the us. Cost a whopping $1.50 to ship so I hope they turn up! Since this is s Spanish copy parts will likely require mods to fit, but I looked at one of the uberti guns and looks to be doable. They are nice guns and was tempted!
 
Back
Top Bottom