Uberti C&B Revolving Carbine Is It Considered A Muzzleloader???

albayo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
603   0   1
I have been thinking about this for sometime and I thought I should ask.

I have a Uberti 44 Cal cap and ball revolving carbine, and was wondering if it is classed as a muzzleloader?

In New Brunswick you can hunt varmints most of the year with any size muzzleloader.

Its black powder, cap and ball, and has a revolving cylinder, but doesn’t load from the muzzle.

What do you think?

Thanks
Al
 
It is a repeating rifle so that may rule it out but I really don't know for sure,you could check with a game warden to find out. I have one as well and would be interested in finding out...I know that it is non-restricted.
 
Some folks on this board have stated that, revolving carbines are restricted. Could they be restricted in one province and not in another? The firearms Act is Federal, is it not? Does the law make a distinction between Cap&ball revolving carbines and cartridge guns? Original as opposed to re-production? There seems to be a lot of different opinions on this in various older threads. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Mike
 
Some folks on this board have stated that, revolving carbines are restricted. Could they be restricted in one province and not in another? The firearms Act is Federal, is it not? Does the law make a distinction between Cap&ball revolving carbines and cartridge guns? Original as opposed to re-production? There seems to be a lot of different opinions on this in various older threads. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Mike

non restricted
 
Here in gun-law-crazy UK ANY cap and ball revolving firearm - long OR short - is classed as a muzzleloader, else we just couldn't have 'em at all. After all, you STILL load it from the front, one component at a time.

Here, however, there is no way on earth that it could be legally used to take live game of any kind - here in yUK, anyhow. Minimum for deer is 1500ft lbs, and in Scotland, 2500fps as well.

tac
 
Last edited:
It states in the FRT files that the Uberti C&B Revolving Carbine has a longer receiver and is considered non-restricted.

I agree with Tacfoley.
It could be considered a muzzle loader, because its loaded from the muzzle end, one component at a time.
 
It states in the FRT files that the Uberti C&B Revolving Carbine has a longer receiver and is considered non-restricted.

I agree with Tacfoley.
It could be considered a muzzle loader, because its loaded from the muzzle end, one component at a time.

yep cant take a pistol grip they way it is the tangs come out straight rossi should have done this with they're circuit judge
 
Back
Top Bottom