I'm currently without a .38 special revolver, and I have a pile of ammo loaded.
Seeing how I'm getting into single actions I was thinking of picking up one of those Uberti open tops in .38 special. Either the 1871 or one of the Richard/Mason ones. One with the army frame, since I've large hands.
Question is are they proofed for smokeless powder or are they black only?
My ammo is the classic 3gr bullseye with lead 158grainers, which is a pretty mild target load.
Any other comments on these guns?
Right now I've a Pietta in .45 colt. Got a used Taylors 58 Remington conversion in 44WCF on the way.
One day I'd like to find a Uberti S&W Russian that I can afford, but the open top would likely be my next purchase .
Seeing how I'm getting into single actions I was thinking of picking up one of those Uberti open tops in .38 special. Either the 1871 or one of the Richard/Mason ones. One with the army frame, since I've large hands.
Question is are they proofed for smokeless powder or are they black only?
My ammo is the classic 3gr bullseye with lead 158grainers, which is a pretty mild target load.
Any other comments on these guns?
Right now I've a Pietta in .45 colt. Got a used Taylors 58 Remington conversion in 44WCF on the way.
One day I'd like to find a Uberti S&W Russian that I can afford, but the open top would likely be my next purchase .


















































