Underhammer flintlock pistol

Brian James

Regular
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
Ontario
I wonder if anyone over the years has seen a photo of an original underhammer flintlock pistol. Apparently there's a line drawing of one in the book "Underhammer Guns"...but no photo of an original. i know it's a long shot, but thought it be worth to ask.

Thanks

Brian
 
It is commonly thought that under hammer flintlocks were of German origin. I have seen rifles of the type, but not pistols in flinter configuration. I have seen underhammer percussion pistols. I think I may have plans to make one here somewhere in my library too if interested.

http://1.bp.########.com/_j7PMWDJke08/TST3UGVu9NI/AAAAAAAAAsI/w99zxLvqgJg/s1600/German+Flint+Underhammer.bmp
 
I'm fortunate to own a underhammer pistol, and have been trying to locate a photo of a flint underhammer.

I'll check out the underhammer society.

Brian
 
Joseph Egg (French, Huningue 1775–1837 London), made pistols and lock to work in the upside down position.

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/33315

http://underhammers.########.com/2009/05/yes-another-underhammer-flint-pistol.html

You really need to be asking this in a flintlock forum.

Some where on the web is a video of upside down flint lock being fired also with a comparison of a flintlock and a percussion lock for time to ignite the main charge.

RARE MOLENBECK UNDERHAMMER FLINTLOCK SMOOTHBORE FOWLER/MUSKET.

https://www.morphyauctions.com/jame...mer-flintlock-smoothbore-fowler-musket-41172/

http://underhammers.########.com/2011/01/underhammers-your-introduction-to-dark.html

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=146.0
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom