unknown flintlock pistol

7mmBRmostly

Regular
Rating - 100%
455   0   1
Location
Nova Scotia
Hello, I examined this old piece recently and couldn't find or at least couldn't decipher any markings at that visit. The lock appears authentic but it is very loose in the wood, falling out really. It is obviously missing metal inlay from the butt and missing rod etc. Can someone comment towards estimating the age and any other information related to desirability or value of this piece in this condition with this limited info, as I may decide to offer to purchase it. Thanks in advance, Ed
217-1753_IMG.jpg

217-1749_IMG.jpg
217-1750_IMG.jpg
217-1751_IMG.jpg
217-1752_IMG.jpg
 
Looks like a Levantine flintlock pistol from the middle-east area, possibly Turkey or Syria. Even in decent condition they are not very valuable. I would not pay more than $150.00 in this poor condition.
 
The lock looks to have been well made originally and the frizzen is bridled. The barrel shape makes me think of the 1700s and the lock would bring that into the late 1700s. I can't see any maker's marks on the gun to indicate country of origin.
My best guess for price would be in the $200 - $300 range because of condition and unknown maker/country but I could be low

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom