Unknown Guns

Zoldy

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it okay for me to post pics of old guns if I don't know what they are and there value etc.... I am new to the forums. Thanks
 
I'll start:

23mr7eu.jpg
 
I would be guessing wildly on that one but am leaning towards middle eastern. If it was a real gun and not a tourist wall hanger, I am finding it difficult to decide where the mainspring would be. I am also guessing that at one time it may have had a pan and frizzen fastened by screws to the breach area

cheers mooncoon
 
It looks as if you have a Savage slide action .22 Model 1909, and a Marlin Model 1892.
The Savage is atypical in that it used a detachable box magazine.
The Marlin is hurting a bit. Getting a magazine assembly might be a bit of a challenge. Instead of an inner tube pulling out from within the outer tube, the outer tube pulls forward, the inner tube staying in place.
Value? Not a whole lot.

bgcameron's pistol, on the other hand...
 
tiriaq;
Top of the morning and Merry Christmas to you sir.

I'm no expert on anything, just a serious student of a few things and from what I can see on the long arms I'd agree with your statement. The little Savage is kinda cool, but finding a magazine would be a search for hen's teeth I'd suspect. About 30 years ago I could have bought one in Salmon Arm at a yard sale - was freshly relined and had the magazine. I just didn't have the $125 in cash that day... the joys of youth, eh?

On the cameron pistol, would you suggest contacting someone like Rock Island themselves or where would one begin to look for an appraisal? It's not a "usual" old flintlock pistol that we used to see in the '70's from what I can recall.

Thanks for your input sir and all the best to you in the New Year.

Dwayne
 
On the cameron pistol, would you suggest contacting someone like Rock Island themselves or where would one begin to look for an appraisal? It's not a "usual" old flintlock pistol that we used to see in the '70's from what I can recall.

The problem with unusual guns (or articles of any kind) is that only a few people want them, which makes them hard to sell, unless the gun can be associated with some significant part of history. That makes the gun difficult to price unless you can find that small number of people who want that particular gun or type of gun

cheers mooncoon
 
bgcameron and I discussed his pistol at quite some length last year. It is a significant rarity and is pretty special.
 
Back
Top Bottom