Unkown caliber

jclayton

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Salmon Arm
Have just acquired a rifle built on the old Greener martini action.
Very ugly except for the new sights and the barrel by Ron Smith.
The caliber is stamped .408 x .444, and a necked down 44 Marlin case fits the chamber.
Does anyone know about this cartridge?
 
I plan to use this rifle in black powder cartridge competitions.
It is now dis-assembled, the action polished before bluing, new stock and fore end roughed out.
The case holds 60 grains ffg and with a rifling twist of 1in 16 it should stabilize a 275 grain bullet.
Have to wait for warmer weather for bullet casting but have two molds that are possibles.
Wish I knew how to post pictures.
 
...Wish I knew how to post pictures.

Simples! You just need a hosting service (Photobucket, Image Shack etc.) where you can upload them, then copy the URL and paste it into your message.

There is a post on the CGN Troubleshoot forum where you can "read all about it". I see there is also a "How to..." post there from Photobucket on how to resize pics, etc.

Let's see that smokepole, because::needPics:

:) Stuart
 
Back
Top Bottom