Unprimed Remington .17HMR Brass for sale

rookie wildcat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Location
Alberta
I am having a little trouble with this one.
I was looking at brass prices (I usually go to WSS for this, they have all the prices for comparison) today and hit the down arrow looking for a particular brass and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A whole slew of un-primed .17HMR brass is available from Wholesale sports. Un-primed brass?? Isn't 17HMR a rimfire? How do we put the priming compound in? Anyway, I ordered 50 pieces. Can't wait for the WSS sales person call me today to tell me they do not have it in stock.
I am right, right? It is not a centrefire round in anyone's knowledge? At least the ones I saw were rimfire, the ones on Hornady's site are rimfire...
 
"...Isn't 17HMR a rimfire?..." Yep, but it's not the only .17 calibre cartridge. .17 Rem and .17 Fireball, et al are centrefire.
 
Okay, so WSS called me and told me that they did not seem have my brass in stock (total shock). However, they were expecting a back order next month. I could have waited, but I figured, why bother? So I told here that that back order would never be filled because the brass in question did not exist for public sale. I tried to explain to the empty head, but got nowhere, so I spoke to her supervisor, who seemed like a fairly bright guy. Explained the error in their catalogue listing, and listened to how this was not compiled in this country and how the publishing was subcontracted, etc, lots of crap.
Anyway, I told him then that, in that case, I wanted that order filled. They are advertising .17HMR brass for sale and they cannot provide it. This is false advertising and I would sue then for it. The guy transferred me immediately to the gun counter, no warning, just a dead line and then another guy picked it up. Explained my problem, buddy looked it up, laughed his azz off and then said he would take care of it for the next printing, if it wasn't too late. He would also go down and explain it to the people in mail-order, showing them examples and that they should remember that this order cannot be filled. At least SOMEONE down there has a clue.
 
"...Isn't 17HMR a rimfire?..." Yep, but it's not the only .17 calibre cartridge. .17 Rem and .17 Fireball, et al are centrefire.

Yes, I understand this, and have no problem with it. AS stated, they are advertising .17HMR and that to me means .17HMR.
They also list .17 Rem brass.
 
Okay, so WSS called me and told me that they did not seem have my brass in stock (total shock). However, they were expecting a back order next month. I could have waited, but I figured, why bother? So I told here that that back order would never be filled because the brass in question did not exist for public sale. I tried to explain to the empty head, but got nowhere, so I spoke to her supervisor, who seemed like a fairly bright guy. Explained the error in their catalogue listing, and listened to how this was not compiled in this country and how the publishing was subcontracted, etc, lots of crap.
Anyway, I told him then that, in that case, I wanted that order filled. They are advertising .17HMR brass for sale and they cannot provide it. This is false advertising and I would sue then for it. The guy transferred me immediately to the gun counter, no warning, just a dead line and then another guy picked it up. Explained my problem, buddy looked it up, laughed his azz off and then said he would take care of it for the next printing, if it wasn't too late. He would also go down and explain it to the people in mail-order, showing them examples and that they should remember that this order cannot be filled. At least SOMEONE down there has a clue.

Threatening to sue is pretty lame, even though you were right and them wrong. :wave:
 
Back
Top Bottom