Mod's, if you are not cool with this then lock it down, but I'm not trolling, this is an dishonest and unsafe practice.
A new guy shows up with a post asking for help; gets told "No, it's not an antique" or "No, it's not safe", so then posts it up on the EE!
Sure we regulars read the thread and may be wise to it, but how do we shut down unscrupulous sellers?
Someone is going to get hurt or ripped off from hard saved cash from these individuals. I realize that unsafe or real / bogus is a matter of opinion in this game, but blatant " For sale ads" immediately after they get told something that they didn't want to hear ( told by informed and wise members; over and over as well...BTW, I do not consider myself to be informed or wise, still learning).
Not cool...
Mod's if I'm out of line I apologize, I mean no harm. I do not have "A dog in this fight". So if censor is req'd, please be gentle.
A new guy shows up with a post asking for help; gets told "No, it's not an antique" or "No, it's not safe", so then posts it up on the EE!
Sure we regulars read the thread and may be wise to it, but how do we shut down unscrupulous sellers?
Someone is going to get hurt or ripped off from hard saved cash from these individuals. I realize that unsafe or real / bogus is a matter of opinion in this game, but blatant " For sale ads" immediately after they get told something that they didn't want to hear ( told by informed and wise members; over and over as well...BTW, I do not consider myself to be informed or wise, still learning).
Not cool...
Mod's if I'm out of line I apologize, I mean no harm. I do not have "A dog in this fight". So if censor is req'd, please be gentle.


















































