So, I actually found this casing many years ago, long before I was even interested in guns. IIRC, it was found on a sand dune near grand bend Ontario, I think there is some CF reserve training there, but I am really not sure.
Anyways, this casing seems weird to me, there is no mouth persay, and I really can't figure where or how the bullet was seated.
So, specifics....the case head has the following printed around it
"65 DA (cross with a circle around it)"
The approx overall length is 2 1/8", it appears to have a double bottle neck type design. The mouth of the case, if it is the mouth, has been split into four equal sections.
As I think more about this, I wonder if this is blank ammo?
here are the pics, and yes, my camera and picture taking ability really sucks.
Anyways, this casing seems weird to me, there is no mouth persay, and I really can't figure where or how the bullet was seated.
So, specifics....the case head has the following printed around it
"65 DA (cross with a circle around it)"
The approx overall length is 2 1/8", it appears to have a double bottle neck type design. The mouth of the case, if it is the mouth, has been split into four equal sections.
As I think more about this, I wonder if this is blank ammo?
here are the pics, and yes, my camera and picture taking ability really sucks.


















































