Upper and Lower Canada 1851's. (Repro's)

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
Just got these in the mail, a cased pair of Upper and Lower Canada 1851 London Navy's offered in the mid 1970's by Albion Arms/Navy Arms.
These are unfired and still had the original grease packing on them, upon close inspection there were areas that had not been greased and there was some corrosion mainly under the hammer on the frame.
The first thing that I noticed was that the markings on the grips are "upside down" compared to the originals (ie: they are right side up) a few of the Lower Canada guns had the markings like this but none of the Upper Canada ones according to my research.
The guns were made in 1975 by Uberti and sold in Toronto buy T. Eaton Company 190 Yonge St. in 1976.
They have all the usual Italian markings except on the top of the barrel which is stamped "LONDON"....they have steel back-straps and trigger guards.
Here is a picture after cleaning them up:

 
Oh, my! How VERY pretty!

Can you give an indication what a set of these might be worth these days?

I KNOW my budget will never stretch to Originals!
 
I know of two originals which if I had the cash could be had for just shy of $10.000, these reproductions were just shy of 1/10 of that.
From what I have read there were to be only 811 of these reproductions made in keeping with the number of originals sent from Britain in 1855-1856, the total number actually made by Uberti fell short of that number. I am trying to find out the actual number made.
 
Back
Top Bottom