UPS charges

biggles

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Location
Ontario
Any Canadians out there ordered a rifle from IMA & had it shipped to Canada via UPS. IMA can tell you what their shipping costs are but what were your experiences on the receiving end with customs/duties/taxes etc?. I know that UPS add on their own "fee" for example.
I just wonder how much extra I might end up having to pay? You can PM me if you don't want to put actual $ figures in an open letter.

Peter (Burlington, Ontario)
 
I received some items from IMA recently, they came via USPS and just the usual GST/PST + $5 CP charge. If they ship UPS ground expect a decent brokerage charge($50+) in addition to the taxes/duty. If you don't mind spending the time, why don't you just call UPS let them know you will act as your own broker. They will notify you when the items arrive you pick up the paper work from them go to closest customs office, pay your taxes/duty, they stampo forms and go back to UPS to pickup.
 
I have had non firearms related materiel shipped by UPS with not a huge problem, though in my area there is no UPS depot. The charges were typical of a large box...52"x20"x20". Because there is no depot here, if the receiver is not home they do have tendency to be rather carefree where the leave the package.. Specify a "signature required" may help ensure delivery etc. The brokerage fees are a bit high depending on the item being shipped, as mentioned by "apu". I had a $15 item that incurred $57 in fees...was not very pleased about that!!!
 
Check and see if UPS can ship guns in Canada. An antique handgun got shipped from the US on UPS and things went sideways when it hit the border. Over $150.00 extra, and an extra month. On a $800.oo antique that costs $5.00 Border check and GST if shipped USPS.
 
I have been raped 3 times by UPS and will never NEVER use their services. Disgusting rip-off artists. I have passed up buying itemss because the seller only wants to ship via UPS. Its USPS for me.
 
I have been raped 3 times by UPS and will never NEVER use their services. Disgusting rip-off artists. I have passed up buying itemss because the seller only wants to ship via UPS. Its USPS for me.

Likewise. I had a $31 item from the US cost me another $52 at the door...:mad:
 
Do yourself a favour and request USPS shipping. I always ate it back when I bought guitars and amps from the US and they were shipped UPS. I must have spent well over $1000 just in brokerage fees doing that...never again.
 
Only silly people use USP! If the seller won't use the united States Postal Service, he won't get my money. I've been raped by UPS once and I didn't even get a kiss!! It won't happen again.
 
Brokerage charges

Only silly people use USP! If the seller won't use the united States Postal Service, he won't get my money. I've been raped by UPS once and I didn't even get a kiss!! It won't happen again.

I refuse to buy ANYTHING unless it's shipped USPS. FEDEX is just as bad. There are class action lawsuits against both over their brokerage fees.

h ttp://www.poynerbaxter.com/UPS.htm
h ttp://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19319400-Class-action-lawsuits-against-UPS-and-FedEx-over-brokerage

:jerkit:
 
UPS not the flavour of the month?

Guys,
Stop holding back & tell me how you really feel.......just kidding.

Seriously, this does not sound good at all. On their website IMA recommends using UPS only, due to difficulties in solving previous claims with USPS.

Sounds like a UPS shipment to a Buffalo address would be the ideal with a personal pick-up from there.

Thanks all,

Peter (Burlington, Ontario)
 
AVOID UPS LIKE THE PLAGUE. I bought a PING driver for $102.50 new and got raped for another $81 at the door. We bought a new $36 battery for our Trailcam and UPS got us for another $36. Co-worker bought a reloader and UPS was another $130. They are thieves. Their "brokerage fee" is usually 40-50% of the value. It's an absolute scam. If I see UPS as the shipper I just have it shipped to my US address.
 
I have had non firearms related materiel shipped by UPS with not a huge problem, though in my area there is no UPS depot. The charges were typical of a large box...52"x20"x20". Because there is no depot here, if the receiver is not home they do have tendency to be rather carefree where the leave the package.. Specify a "signature required" may help ensure delivery etc. The brokerage fees are a bit high depending on the item being shipped, as mentioned by "apu". I had a $15 item that incurred $57 in fees...was not very pleased about that!!!

You got ripped off . UPS dose not charge there broker fee on items less than $20.00 .
But I still use USPS & Can Post
 
U.P.S from the U.S. is a crap shoot.They have charged me brokerage on some items . When I purchased a gun from I.M.A. last year and found out that it was sent U.P.S. I expected the worst and it arrived the next day with a charge of$19.00 for a $150.00 parcel.
 
U.P.S from the U.S. is a crap shoot.They have charged me brokerage on some items . When I purchased a gun from I.M.A. last year and found out that it was sent U.P.S. I expected the worst and it arrived the next day with a charge of$19.00 for a $150.00 parcel.

This is true...I was importing full size mannequins for my "mini museum" out of New York city. They averaged about $100 to $150 ea..shipping cost was $40 flat UPS fee, I generally had to pay another $25 to $35 each on arrival. The most I paid for one item was about $200...the same item form a Canadian supplier was well over $400...huge saving even counting the UPS fees.
 
You got ripped off . UPS dose not charge there broker fee on items less than $20.00 .
But I still use USPS & Can Post

Garmin sent me a DVD with a free map upgrade for my GPS. This was a FREE upgrade. UPS wanted $19 for brokerage. I just refused to accept and I suppose they sent it back .

I called Garmin to let them know and sent me another DVD through USPS at no cost to me.

UPS NEVER AGAIN
 
Back
Top Bottom