US Marked Schofield (pics)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
I recently picked up a US marked 45 Schofield Revolver.
This ones seen some action no doubt its had the barrel shortened after its military Stint it was sold off to some private purchaser either Hartley & graham or Francis Bannerman both of New york they bought the surplus US marked guns Shortened the Barrels to 5 inchs.
I got a roy jinks letter with it to.
Im haveing troble posting pics for some reason but heres one i got to stick.
Theses are very nice Units this one is US marked and has all the inspectors stamps ect.
This ones already spoken for but i thought id post pics as alot of guys ask me about Schofields.
There hard to find at a decent price in the US.


P1220032.jpg


P1220035.jpg
 
Nice. Don't imagine there are many originals in that condition. Pity S&W dropped their re-make.

I think S&W did a run on the Remakes i know a guy bought 6 in B.C
I think it was a short run tho maby thats what you ment.

The one i posted is nice but very well used seen a few malees no doubt.
 
Those Schofields are dadgummed hard to find at anything near a reasonable price. Nice sixgun. I'll bet that 5" barrel lets the ears know when it fires.
 
Sure this one is US Marked and has a Roy jinks S&W letter showing it was a US goverment bought gun so its worth about $3000 up here maby more.
I might still list this gun down the Road as the Fellow is looking at another rare comercial Schofield with a 7 inch Barrel he prefered.
I might just keep this one to. :)
I shot it the other day with Mild Trail boss loads at 4 Grs with a 250 Gr SWC sized .452.
Shoots great and the fast ejector was fun throwing brass out and useing my speedloader as fast as i could
I prefer this short 5 inch barrel to the 7 inch one myself i can see why they cut em down.
I wore hearing protectors cept for that last close up shot and my ears are still ringing LOL
 
Back
Top Bottom