Hello all,
I am looking at a US Model of 1816 musket as my first foray into the world of blackpowder muzzleloaders. The thing is, I have zero precedent to go off of, so I am turning to you fine folks to help.
Some pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/SBIvPNq
Is the touchhole of the musket looking good? And for that matter, how does the lock in its entirety appear? Any other comments, whatever they may be?
Thanks everyone in advance!
I am looking at a US Model of 1816 musket as my first foray into the world of blackpowder muzzleloaders. The thing is, I have zero precedent to go off of, so I am turning to you fine folks to help.
Some pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/SBIvPNq
Is the touchhole of the musket looking good? And for that matter, how does the lock in its entirety appear? Any other comments, whatever they may be?
Thanks everyone in advance!


















































